The Center For Lifestory Writing

Every now and then I come across a website about lifestory writing that’s worth mentioning. Today is one of those days. I just came across the site for The Center for Lifestory Writing, sponsored as a ministry by College Church of the Nazarene.

The site includes a long list of enjoyable stories (no, I haven’t read all of them yet, but the several I did read were delightful) as well as links to lifestory writing ideas and a monthly column on writing tips by Lea Marvin. This month’s column is both hilarious and write-to-the- point. I urge you to read it!

While you’re there, read some stories. You’re sure to get some great ideas for tales of your own, and it’s always interesting to read stories written by “regular people,” rather than the super polished ones in books on library shelves. There’s also a link with guidelines for submitting stories.

If you know of another site about lifestory writing that you’ve found interesting and helpful, please post the link as a Comment below. I’m adding the Center site as a permanent link in the blog sidebar, and I’d be happy to add others, as long as they give actual advice or post stories, and aren’t primarily commercials for products and services.

The latter qualification is based on the fact that my mission in this blog is to offer ideas and tips on lifestory writing in general, as a gift to the world at large. My hope is to inspire and empower you to write your own stories with your own memories, fingers and pens.

Write on,

Sharon Lippincott, aka Ritergal

No comments :