Superior Scribbler Award

Who doesn’t love to get an award? I know I do. I was honored and delighted to receive the Superior Scribble Award from Karen Walker, author of Following the Whispers. I was totally blown away a few days later, before I had accepted it from Karen, to receive it once again from Kim Pearson, author of From the Compost

I appreciate this award all the more for the fact it is so unexpected. I hadn’t ever heard of it. It’s especially rewarding to receive spontaneous recognition. And I love that awards like this foster a sense of community and connection in the blogsophere.

One of the requirements of accepting the award is that you pass it along to pay tribute to five other noteworthy bloggers. Since I received the award twice, I shall issue a double helping of tribute (in no particular order). This makes the process a little easier, but I know of so many fine blogs, and the choice was still agonizing.

Drum roll, please ... and the winners are ...

Pat, At Pat’s Place
Joy Hedlund, On the Path
Linda Austin, Cherry Blossom Memories
Hill Country Hippy, Seasonality
Shaddy, Paper Cut Screams
Jerry Waxler, Memory Writers Network
Ybonesy and Quoinmonkey, redRavine
Terrisa Meeks, Just Write
Linda Hoye, My Own Velvet Room
Gullible, Gullible’s Travels
Congratulations to each of these fine bloggers. I love all your blogs.

Here are the rules for Passing on the Superior Scribbler Award:

  1. Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass The Award on to 5 most-deserving Bloggy Friends.
  2. Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom he/she has received the Award.
  3. Each Superior Scribbler must display the Award on his/her blog, and link to this post, (http://scholastic-scribe.blogspot.com/2008/10/200-this-blings-for-you.html) which explains the Award.
  4. Each Blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr. Linky List. That way, we’ll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives This Prestigious Honor!
  5. Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Thank you, thank you, Karen and Kim, for bestowing this honor in recognition of the efforts I make as I follow my passion.

Write now:
a story about an award you won, even if it was something as humble as placing third in the fourth grade spelling bee. Or, write about one you hoped to win and didn’t.

16 comments :

Linda Austin said...

Thanks, Sharon, for awarding me this honor. I'm delighted to pass it on.
-Linda of Cherry Blossom Memoreis

Sharon Lippincott said...

Linda, it's well-deserved. Your blog is a great resource. You've been in my links list for ages.

Hill Country Hippie said...

Thanks you so much Sharon. You don't know how much I appreciate this. I will fulfill my responsibilities just as soon as I get back home.

Sharon Lippincott said...

You are welcome Hippie, it's so much fun bringing little bits of joy into people's lives.

Cheryl Peters said...

Thank you, Sharon. You've made my day extra smashing!

Sharon Lippincott said...

Hey Shaddy, pass the joy along! And happy day after to your hubby.

Gullible said...

Aw, shucks....I'm so embarrassed. Gosh. Thank you so much.

Gully

Sharon Lippincott said...

Oh Gullible, you definitely deserve it. Reading your posts is like a trip up to Alaska without leaving home. What a gas to make people blush with pleasure.

TH Meeks said...

Oh my gosh, what a wonderful surprise! Thank you so much, Sharon. Wow!

Sharon Lippincott said...

Karen, thank you again. Isn't it fun passing this along? The world needs a little more joy.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Terrisa,

Your prompts are always terrific. Thanks for being so consistent through the years.

Pat's Place said...

Thanks for the award. I will pass it on.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Pat, I know you know lots of worthy recipients. Have fun!

Linda Hoye said...

Thank you, Sharon. I'm honored! P.S. I've been out of town so I'm tardy at passing along my thanks....

QuoinMonkey said...

Sharon, thank you so much for this award. You were among the first blogs ybonesy and I linked to many, many moons ago. We will be discussing how to carry this forward. We appreciate you thinking of us!

Sharon Lippincott said...

QM, thanks for the love. You and Ybonesy and redRavine were one of my first links too. How rewarding to see what rich piles of words have accrued both places over the years. May it always be so!