These purportedly are true comments made by sports commentators during the just-concluded Olympics. I'm pretty sure that I've seen most before, but whatever the original source, court-testimony quality validity isn't as important as the message.
- Dressage commentator: “This is really a lovely horse and I speak from personal experience since I once mounted her mother.”
- Paul Hamm, Gymnast: “I owe a lot to my parents, especially my mother and father.”
- Boxing Analyst: “Sure there have been injuries, and even some deaths in boxing, but none of them really that serious.”
- Softball announcer: “If history repeats itself, I should think we can expect the same thing again.”
- Tennis commentator: “One of the reasons Andy is playing so well is that, before the final round, his wife takes out his balls and kisses them ... Oh my God, what have I just said?”
Some bloopers are funny and others are pretty awful. But unless repeating them would be cruel or hurtful, including an embarrassing moment or two in your stories keeps them real and honest sounding.
Write now: about an embarrassing occasion when your tongue moved faster than your mind. It may be funny or not.