Correction

In yesterday's post I included a link to The Grammar Police, and identified Julia Temlyn as the author of the blog. That's right, but only partly right. It seems that the Grammar Police is a force, not an individual. Julia is a co-author of the blog together with Shawn Hansen, who was a gun-toting cop before she turned in her pistol for a red pen to teach English. Shawn is the author of the Supermarket item I cited yesterday, along with most of the other content.

The lesson I've learned from all of this is to read the fine print on blogs. My apologies to Shawn, who left a very polite comment to set the record straight. I did post a permanent link to the site in the links list in the left column, and I urge you all to check out that blog on a continuing basis. With two authors on board, I'm betting that it will maintain its momentum and provide an unending source of chuckles and enlightenment.

Write on,

Sharon Lippincott, aka Ritergal

3 comments :

Crabby McSlacker said...

Thanks for the tip about Grammar Police, Sharon. I'll have to check them--grammar is not one of my strong suits. I make mistakes all the time, but since I don't know I'm making them, this goes a long ways towards minimizing my embarrassment.

BTW, this is a great site and it sounds like the service you provide for people is really a valuable one.

Anonymous said...

Sharon,

Thanks for the formal correction: it's nice to feel appreciated as part of a site and as a writer!

Having spent a good deal of time here recently, I am impressed by what I see, and I look forward to coming back on a regular basis.

Aside from the thoughtful, informative posts, your header graphic just makes me smile.

Sharon Lippincott said...

Shawn,

I'm so glad you like the header. It's adapted from a small watercolor my mother picked up eons ago. I've had it hanging on my wall for ten years and one day I realized how perfectly it expresses what my writing is about. There's a story in everything ... . :-)

Come back often. I'll be around to visit you too.